Welcome to yet another blog post. How are you today? Great I hope. Could you kindly fill out this survey for me. Thank you!
A couple of people have asked the question “What’s the difference between writing and blogging?” From my own point of view, blogging is a form of writing. In blogging, you compose a post and share in the bid to reach an audience which is the same as writing.
I read a post on Adaeze’s blog about how she was tired of blogging and a post was linked to that where she found motivation. As a writer/blogger, there are times you’d feel tired or experience writer’s block but you have to think of the reason you started blogging in the first place to keep you going. I shared 5 super tips for bloggers back in May. Here are 7 super tips for writers:
1. Develop your own niche. As a writer you should find a niche that is easy for you to write about. Something you love or that you are passionate about as it would be easy for you to stay motivated. Also, don’t compare yourself with others. I have been a victim of this several times but I just shake it off now as my life is different from these people’s lives.
2. Develop your own point of view or story. There’s a lot going on in the world right now that could be an inspiration for you. Write about it as you see it. Figure what you can bring to the industry and no one can.
3. Be authentic. Be passionate. Focus on what you truly want and what you’re good at. Then work hard at it.
4. Don’t appeal to everyone. Set a target audience. Although this is not compulsory, you should target a set of people you’re writing for. Is it just Nigerians or West Africans? Or teenagers? Or graduates? The heart broken? Target an audience.
6. Appreciate your readers. It’s all about your reader and fans. They can make or break you.
7. Be patient. I’m keeping these two words in mind. Patience is a virtue some people lack. However, a good writer is made from practice not just having talent of writing. You can’t just write your first draft and expect it to be a hit. Experience makes you better just like age makes wine taste better. When publishers are not coming forth, be patient.
Sooooo, these are bits that I have found useful. Which of them do you find useful? Have you got any other indispensable tip you follow as a writer? Share below. The best part of posting on this blog is getting your feedbacks and commments. What are your thoughts about this post?
Do tell a friend to tell a friend to check this blog out.
Thanks for stopping by ❤